Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Shopping for shoes in Hong Kong SUCKS

Apparently, an 8 or 8.5 shoe size = giant ogre over here. Nearly every place I go looking for shoes doesn't carry anything larger than 6 or 7. LAME!!! A lady working at the Nine West store looked at me like I was crazy and yelled, "NO SIZE, THAT WAY TOO BIG!"when I told her my size. At least I finally found a pair of hiking shoes today. I was starting to get pissed off.

Dave and I booked a few trips for the next couple weeks!

We are going to Guilin in mainland China this weekend and will be going hiking and doing some outdoors stuff there. It's about an hour flight from HK. Guilin is supposed to be really beautiful and scenic w/rivers, lakes and hiking trails so we're excited to check it out.

Next Wednesday we are flying to Singapore for a few days and then taking a boat to Bintan island in Indonesia for the weekend. It's peak travel season here because it's Chinese New Year, but we were able to get lucky and get a room at this Bintan Lagoon Resort. http://www.bintanlagoon.com It looks pretty amazing. I want to rent boats and jetski's there and do it all!

2 comments:

maggie.01 said...

those rooms look incredible!

Anonymous said...

haha wow. i'm a size 10 so i'd probably be lost there!!